The RemoteTx® ham radio remote control system is an economical way to control your amateur radio station through the Internet with a phone, tablet, Mac or PC. There are 3 main parts to the solution.
- AT STATION: A Raspberry Pi 3 B/B+ (RPi) appliance running RemoteTx software (free download) at your station connected to your radio (USB) and the Internet (ethernet). (The RPi is NOT provided by RemoteTx.)
- REMOTE CONTROL CLIENT: A mobile phone, laptop or tablet running a compatible Internet browser with broadband or LTE cellular Internet access.
- An active RemoteTx service SUBSCRIPTION linked to the operator’s call sign. This connects the radio station and the remote operator.
- Remote control (radio control, audio and power control) is achieved by opening an Internet browser and going to:
Compatible Control devices include:
- Windows 7+ with Chrome browser
- Apple Mac with Chrome or Safari browsers
- Apple iPhone or iPad with Safari browser (ios 11+)
- Android phones or tablets with Chrome browser
- Chrome OS
- Conveniently operate your station with a smartphone, tablet or laptop anywhere you have Internet access.
- Both radio control and 2 way audio are integrated in an intuitive web browser app interface. No additional software installation is required. (See Demos)
- Radio Power Control via RPi GPIO signalling.
- Low Internet bandwidth requirement: About 80 kbps (0.08 M) max.
- No dedicated PC required at station.
- Low cost, widely available standard hardware (Raspberry Pi that costs about $60).
- One low cost subscription for all supported radios.
- Plug and Play setup. (No special firewall configuration.)
- Network traffic secured with SSL encryption.
- Global network optimization. Subscription account is placed nearest to your station’s worldwide location to minimize network latency.
- CW Text Keyer (KX2/KX3) (See Screenshots)